AP Saints Netball Club’s code of conduct require the highest standards of conduct from everyone involved in netball to ensure that their behaviour and actions meet the values and standards expected at all times. Everyone must conduct themselves in an honest, fair, impartial and transparent manner.
Our Code of Conduct is applicable to all aspects of the sport and are driven by England Netball’s Values (Respect, Teamwork, Achievement and Fun).
I WILL RESPECT:
- The rules, regulations and requirements of the Sport, including, but not limited to, any competitions in which I participate either directly or indirectly.
- The rights, dignity and worth of all people involved in netball, regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, disability, sexuality, age, occupation, religion or political opinion.
- The rights, dignity and worth of Children, Young People and Adults at Risk and ensure that I am aware of the Safeguarding best practice guidelines and procedures when interacting with them.
- Confidentiality and the sensitivities of information I hold on other individuals.
- Netball and the individual’s reputation and not take any action or make inappropriate comments about a fellow participant, coach, official, volunteer or member of England Netball’s staff that will bring the Sport or those associated with delivering the Sport into disrepute, including making comments on social media technology. I will respect EN’s guidance and policies on social media technology.
- The position I hold within Netball and always conduct and dress myself in an appropriate manner.
- The result of the game and will not attempt to offer, offer or accept either directly or indirectly any consideration whatsoever in return for influencing or attempting to influence the result or seek to achieve personal gain on a result which I can influence by betting on any match or event where I am participating, either by playing, coaching or officiating, or through direct or indirect involvement.
Netball is based on TEAMWORK, therefore I will:
- Not abuse or misuse any relationship of trust or position of power or influence held by me in my team, be that my playing team, Club, County, Regional or England Netball.
- Be on time, dressed appropriately and ready to give my full attention to the role I am carrying out within netball.
- Recognise that individuals bring different qualities and attributes but “together we will excel”.
- Welcome new members and volunteers.
- Cooperate with members, parents, coaches, officials and administrators already in the sport.
I recognise individuals participate in Netball to ACHIEVE and have FUN, therefore I will:
- Recognise the achievements of others and applaud their successes.
- Endeavor to ensure that all involved in the Sport optimise their potential by promoting the positive aspects of the sport and never condoning the use of inappropriate or abusive language, inappropriate relationships, bullying, harassment, discrimination or physical violence.
- Not impinge on others enjoyment of the Sport or my performance by consuming alcoholic drinks or smoke immediately prior to or while participating in the sport, or while safeguarding children, young people or vulnerable adults.
- Ensure that everyone has the opportunity to participant in a fair, honest environment by rejecting cheating, abiding by the Anti-Doping policies and not taking illegal substances immediately prior to or while participating in the sport.
- Display modesty in victory and graciousness in defeat; be sporting – whether I win or lose; always acknowledge the other team and the umpires at the end of the game with a hand shake or three cheers.
- Never argue with an official or participant during a game and listen to and cooperate with officials’ decisions.
- Control my temper; I understand that verbal, emotional and physical abuse of officials, coaches, spectators or participants, or deliberately distracting or provoking a participant, coach or official is not acceptable or permitted behaviour in netball.
- Enjoy the game and ensure other can also enjoy it.
I will endeavour to abide by this code of conduct and promote it to others. I understand that if I fail to follow the code, the England Netball, the Regional Association or the County Association may take action against me under the Disciplinary Regulations which may result in Sanctions including fines and suspension.
The enjoyment and safety of your child when involved in a netball activity is of paramount importance to England Netball. Every child will be encouraged and asked to ensure that their behaviour and actions meet the values and standards expected of them at all times. As parents, you are asked to support our Codes of Conduct and embrace the spirit of our game.
As a parent/carer, I will:
- Encourage my child to play within the rules and respect officials’ and coaches’ decisions.
- Support my child’s efforts and performance, give positive comments that motivate and encourage continued effort and learning.
- Understand that competition is about winning and losing, so results are always accepted without undue disappointment.
- Be a positive role model to my child by helping them work towards skill improvement and good sportsmanship.
- Remember that children learn best by example; I will applaud good play by both my child’s team and their opponents.
- Thank the coaches, officials and other volunteers who give their time for my child and not interfere with their decisions.
- Help when asked by a coach or official.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all people involved in the game, regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, disability, sexuality, age, occupation, religion or political opinion.
- Read the rules of the sport to understand better what I am watching and discussing with my child.
- Promote this code of conduct to other parents, carers and supporters.
- Be aware of my child’s club safeguarding policy and ensure that any concerns are reported to the club’s safeguarding officer or England Netball’s Lead Safeguarding Officer.
As a parent/carer, I will NOT:
- Pressure my child in any way; I know that this is their sport not mine.
- Use inappropriate language, harass athletes, coaches, officials or other spectators.
- Criticise or ridicule my child for making a mistake or losing after the game.
- Force my child if they are unwilling to participate in the sport.
- Arrive at a netball activity under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Use Social Media technology to bring the game into disrepute or make an inappropriate comment about an athlete, coach, official, volunteer or member of England Netball staff.
- Consume illegal substances either immediately prior to or while being at a netball activity where my child is participating in the sport.
- Consume alcoholic drinks or smoke either immediately prior to or while being at a netball activity where my child is participating.
- Undermine coaches, officials or other England Netball staff in front of, or to, athletes.
- Applaud opponents’ errors or their misfortune.
- Coach from the sidelines or balcony whilst at my child’s training or competition matches as this distracts both athletes and coaches and undermines what is being taught. Any person found breaking this will be asked to leave.
AP Saints Netball Club will:
- Provide a safe, fun environment in which to train and play
- Be aware of child protection issues, encourage fairplay and safe practice
- Provide qualified and experienced coaches to take the sessions
- Treat players equally and with respect
- Select teams based on ability and commitment to the club and training
- Demonstrate patience, encouragement and motivation to the players
- Recognise that the coaches are role models to young people and accept the responsibilities that come with this
- Not discriminate against any player or show favouritism
- Listen to player/parental concerns and work together to resolve any issues raised
- Encourage parental involvement with all aspects of the Club - scoring, umpiring, child welfare, administration, fundraising
- Provide opportunities for players to take part in matches/tournaments whenever possible and prepare club members for the activity / event