AP Saints Netball Club (AP Saints) is based in North London, and complies with Netball Englad policies.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as a “controller” of the personal information provided to us by our members, spectators, volunteers and service users, collected through our Online Members & Events Portal, https://apsaintsnetball.com/.
Purpose and Scope
AP Saints aims to be fully compliant with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act (DPA) 2018.
This policy works in tandem with the England Netball Privacy Notice.
Everyone responsible for using personal data has to follow strict rules called ‘data protection principles’. They must make sure the information is:
- used fairly, lawfully and transparently
- used for specified, explicit purposes
- used in a way that is adequate, relevant and limited to only what is necessary
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- kept for no longer than is necessary
- handled in a way that ensures appropriate security, including protection against unlawful or unauthorised processing, access, loss, destruction or damage
Individual consent and information disclosure
As a member of AP Saints you consent to providing personal data for contractual, legitimate, legal, equality and other disclosure as per the privacy notices above.
Data processing and security
Your personal information is stored on our secure servers and email accounts based in the UK/EU and is accessed by our staff and volunteers for the purposes set out above.
Rights of Individuals
You can exercise any of the following rights by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by logging into your online membership account via https://www.apsaintsnetball.com/. Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
- You have the right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a “subject access request”
- If you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct or complete your personal information
- You have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes
- If you wish us to delete your personal information, you may request that we do so. Any requests received by AP Saints will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk
Retention and Disposal of Data
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and possibly delete your personal information where you have not renewed your membership with us for 6 years.
We will keep certain personal information of members for longer in order to confirm your identity, when you were a member of Netball Scotland and for how long. We need to do this to comply with the Companies Act 2006, which requires us to keep a register of members, or in the event of a claim against Netball Scotland. All data will be disposed of by means that protect your rights.